A huge shoutout goes to Jonny @Jaunts & Haunts for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I´m sending you loads of virtual chocolate and giving you many hugs for even thinking of me in the first place.
If you haven´t already make sure to shower Jonny with lots of love because he deserves every ounce of it.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
– Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
– Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
– Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
– List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post/or on your blog
#1 What was the last book you strongly disliked?
Oooh, that would be `You` by Caroline Kepnes. It was one of those books I completely forgot I bought but then spotted it again, got excited, had high hopes, then ended up being so disappointed that I had to call my mom.
#2 How does your star rating system work for your reviews (if you use one)?
I use a 5-star rating system for my reviews that´s hopefully easy to understand.
5 stars: The best book existing.
4 stars: T´was great.
3 stars: Could´ve been better / Could´ve been worse.
2 stars: Nope.
1 star: Nope nope nope nope.
#3 What are your favorite pizza toppings?
I´d say pizza with extra cheese and sausage. Or pizza with prosciutto and thick chunks of shaved parmesan. I would actually kill for a pizza right now.
#4 Would you rather read a great plot with mediocre characters, or a boring plot with amazing characters?
Since I would end up giving either a lower rating I´d say neither.
#5 How many books are you currently reading, and which one is your favorite so far?
I can´t read more than one book at a time. I get confused really quick.
#6 What was the last book review you posted?
The last review I posted was for Book Review: How The States Got Their Shapes – Mark Stein
Not necessarily a genre I typically review but.. a book is a book, right? And this one was worth writing a review for.
#7 Do you prefer MG, YA, NA, or adult books?
YA, NA, and adult books have ( more or less ) always been my go-to genres. Nowadays I´m not really feeling any YA love so I´ll go with NA and adult books.
#8 Is there a popular author you’re NOT interested in reading anything by? (Elaborate if you’re comfortable doing so!)
I´m going to team up with Jonny on this one. J.K. Rowling. I have yet to read one of her books. I just can´t be bothered. The world she created is probably great but it doesn´t interest me… like, at all. I did try to watch the movies, though. Paid good money to fall asleep 3 times in a row at the movie theater.
And Cassandra Claire. Although, I think she´d fall into the “popular author I´m not interested in reading anything anymore” category.
#9 What marginalized rep would you most strongly like to see more of in books?
Again- I´m with Jonny. I´d really love to see more LGBT characters in books.
#10 Do you listen to music while reading?
Aaaaaaah! No. * hides face * I suck at multitasking. I can do one or the other but never both. But when I take blog breaks I tend to listen to music. Does that count?
#11 Do you prefer book twitter or bookstagram?
Bookstagram + Me
Twitter + Me
I´ll go with Twitter. Lol.
That´s about it, my dear bookish Padawans. I hope I didn´t bore you too much.
Everyone. I´m terrible at nominating anyone in particular. Besides- Doesn´t everyone deserve a Sunshine Blogger Award?
And because I´m so original *snorts loud* I´m going to copy Jonny´s Questions. Don´t forget to tag me so I can see your awesome answers ❤
- What was the last book you strongly disliked?
- How does your star rating system work for your reviews (if you use one)?
- What are your favorite pizza toppings?
- Would you rather read a great plot with mediocre characters or a boring plot with amazing characters?
- How many books are you currently reading, and which one is your favorite so far?
- What was the last book review you posted?
- Do you prefer MG, YA, NA, or adult books?
- Is there a popular author you’re NOT interested in reading anything by? (Elaborate if you’re comfortable doing so!)
- What marginalized rep would you most strongly like to see more of in books?
- Do you listen to music while reading?
- Do you prefer book twitter or bookstagram?