Dear new Followers,
Hello & Welcome to Morgana´s Book Blog!
I thought of quite a few ways on how to show my appreciation for all the follows in the last few days but I wasn´t able to come up with anything overly genius or boujee enough that would show my gratitude. I guess you´ll have to settle with a simple yet meaningful
Sadly, it would take me ages to thank each and every one who has followed me this week. If you happen to belong to the Twitter bunch then I hope you feel the thanks. If you don´t belong to the Twitter gang then I hope you feel the same appreciation.
I think it would be a good opportunity to introduce myself. I mean- You really have no clue who you´re dealing with so it only makes sense to give a quick run down on what you all have gotten yourselves into. *gg*
Sure, you can read my About Me… But that´s boring ( going to have to update that in the near future…)
Ready? I know I am.
My name is Morgana and I´m…. over 30. No, wait, I´m actually closer to 40 now but who cares about that, right? You´re only as old as you feel. 80% of the day I feel like 130 years old. The other 20% of my emotional household is still stuck in my mid 20´s.
If you´re wondering about the name… Don´t worry. You´re not the only ones. Yes, I was named after the witch from the King Author legend. Dad was a fan of the movie Excalibur and I had to pay the price for his fan girling over Helen Mirren in the 80´s. Pronounce it the way you want because it´s not possible to butcher it even more than it has been. Makes good for a unique blog name, though. 🙂 ( Plus, I´m a fan as well, so…Dad´s forgiven )
I´m an american living in Germany, a mom of 2 girls, married, I have a degree in Chemistry, my favorite color is blue, I´m short, extrovert, my hobby is taking naps and drinking hot chocolate…. I love to go out and meet with friends, favorite genre to read is romance and sometimes fantasy, and I´m a passionate book blogger. To help you paint a better picture of my life I´ve created a small graphic to help better understand.
I basically drink too much hot chocolate, nap whenever I can, think a lot, and read ( whenever the girls aren´t around )
As for the book blogging bit- I´m a semi experienced blogger turned hobby book blogger. Many many moons ago I decided to go pro in the book business but found it too exhausting and demanding. After a minor burnout I took a much needed 1 year break away from the blogsphere and ended up coming back with a different plan – One that suited my purpose much better. Here I am now, 9 years later with a clean slate working my blog at my own pace.
Speaking of blogging: Here´s what my book blogging life looks like.
- Spying. Because I´m a book ninja looking out for the newest reads, comparing prices, etc.
- Getting excited everytime I find something during my spy sessions. Most of the time I get excited when I spot a book (s).
- Ending up on the sofa with a mug in one hand and a book in the other.
Reading is high on my “How to make Morgana happy” list. Review writing isn´t. I don´t know… I´m not very fond of typing up reviews, especially when it´s a review for a less than 3 star read. I do it anyways, though, because I believe it´s necessary. You can´t have the good without the bad, right? As long as everything is done with respect then all is allowed.
My 3 most popular moods during or after reading:
Disappointed. Confused. In love.
There´s really no other way to explain myself better.
There ya have it. That´s me neatly presented to you with a little over 700 words.
If you decide to follow my book blog regularly then you´ll find that I try to balance the normal read & review out with discussion posts and other fun features / themes. I also try to do at least 3 posts during the week and spend the weekends catching up on the blogs I follow.
Since my private life is filled with work, being a mom & wife and LOTS of reading I hardly have enough energy to hang around other social media much. Juggling Twitter, Instagram and my blog is a challenge sometimes so I´ll often just concentrate on my WordPress instead of hanging all over the place. If you do happen to want to hunt me down on Twitter or Instagram then feel free to hit me up there!
OKAY, NOW I AM FINISHED.
Thank you again for the follows. I´m looking forward to reading all the future goodies you´ll be sharing on your blogs.